Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mind your language

Last week, we had watched a short clip on "The First lesson". I found that it was very interesting and funny. From the short clip itself, I aware that people from different country had their own accent when they spoke English. The clip also gave me the awareness that we who had the differences in cultures or language should know at least one language that enabled us to communicate with each other. For example, (in the short clip), English acted as a medium to connect people. Although most of them were not able to speak in English, they still trying their best. 
While I was watching the short clip, I had encountered a lot of difficulties. One of them was the difficulty to understand what they were trying to say. It was because their accent influence their pronunciation. Sometimes, I had to predict what they were trying to say through their body languages and also their face expression.Beside that, it was really hard to detect the grammatical errors used by the characters. it was due to their accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment